- Try on all of your favorite clothes. Take notes on how they fit and flatter you. Then shop for similar colors, fabrics, shapes and lengths.
- A great fit can make an outfit, just as a poor fit can break it!
- A well-cut suit is one of the most flattering outfits you can own.
- Remember: dark tones create a long line.
- Choose a fingertip length jacket or one that falls mid-hip.
- Pants should be straight leg or boot cut and the hem should be worn slightly long.
- Select flat knit, fine rib and jersey tops; Choose pants with flapless pockets, flat fronts with just enough stretch for added comfort.
- Know thyself - Know your proportionss: a) Skinny bottom half? Wear a full top over narrow pants. b) Short waisted? Wear a long top and short skirt. c) Petite torso? Wear a fitted top with full pants. d) Long waisted? Pair a short top with long bottoms
- Show off the trimmest parts of your body by combining a tight fitting piece with a loose fitting one.
- Any color worn head to toe in a clean, unbroken line will produce a dynamically slimming effect.
- Don't worry if separates don't match exactly. Tonal variations are a creative alternative.
- Taller bodies can take larger prints and more contrast.
- The darker a print's background, the slimmer the look.
- Blouses: a collared shirt always gives a torso a few good inches and frames the face handsomely.
- A slim v-neck makes the neck appear longer and is usually very flattering.
- Boatnecks are great for minimizing waists and hips, while maximizing sexy shoulders.
- If your legs are fuller inside, try a side slit. If your legs are fuller outside, a mid-front or back slit is a better choice.
- There is never an excuse for panty lines! A thong is a girl's best friend - they even come with tummy control.
- Bright colors bring attention to an area - make sure you wear them wisely and only on your most flattering body parts.
- Dark hosiery is in this fall. While brightly colored turquoise and scarlet hose may look great in the store window, muted hues like teal and wine are much more flattering. Match the shoe and the hose color to tighten the look even more.
- A shoulder bag tucked quietly under the arm is most flattering.
- Stilettos are back and in spite of the discomfort at times - they make your legs look like a million dollars!
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
We are feeling generous (with fashion tips):